Thursday, January 1, 2009



new year's is all about resolutions.
strong will.
courage and bold determination.

well, i've decided that this year, i would make a list of indecisions.
yep.
i'm all about the indecisions this year.
none of that courageous stuff.
i'll have none of it.
so here goes.....

1. i shall reserve the right to be indecisive about situations of which i know nothing about.
2. i shall be fearful about jumping to conclusions
3. i shall be boldly tentative about judging myself for the mistakes that i make
4. i think i will not be so quick to act when it comes to judging others
5. when someone is screaming angry with me, i vow to be incredibly uncertain about whether to yell back at them or not.
6. when faced with the reality that i did not check to see if there was toilet paper on the roll beforehand, i will vacillate between whether it is my fault or mr. ntm's fault.
7. if someone cuts me off on the road, i will be downright cowardly about whether or not to flip them off

happy new year's
may your 2009 be all you dream it will be

6 comments:

Cait said...

I'll try to remember 6 & 7 for sure.

I've noticed at work people just love to interrupt me when I'm talking. I have decided to say as little as possible. I don't think they like me to say anything, sometimes. And what is worse when everyone is asking where I am..and I'm right in front of them.

Anonymous said...

Its so hard to keep cool ..the older I get.

A list I'll have to keep in mind.

Have a great new year!

Linda Sue said...

Dawn- Great list- difficult to adhere to - FOR ME! I do hope that that list makes you glad every time you actually acomplish something like not flipping some one off--not very satisfying mind you but on your way to becoming a very good Buddha girl. Better you than me! Cheers- happy new year forever! XXOO

Heidi said...

Perfect!

Live More Now said...

I could benefit from regularly using that list, too! I was just getting ready to think about what I would like to do, or do differently this year. All I could think of was, less chocolate or more? Difficult decision. Definitely more laughter. Happy New Year to you! Love your list.

Sandra Lundy said...

great list of resolutions! I am still going over my list in my head...I'm a little behind with everything lately. Hope your new year is everything you want it to be :)