Saturday, April 30, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
ten things that will happen while i am away:
1. i will not say the following words: routine, mandatory, scheduled, or necessary
2. i will not hear a xylophone alarm at 6:30 am or any other time of the day or night
3. i will say that i am well when asked how i am and i will really mean it
4. i will forget what day of the week it is as well as the current month and year
5. i will not experience the following emotions: frustration, impatience, shame or intolerance
6. i will allow myself to take a nap if i am tired
7. i will look up.....often
8. i will feel the power of the earth beneath my feet and the ocean before me
9. when the sun rises, i will be there to watch it
10. i will remember this time always
see you in a couple of weeks.
Posted by dawn at 4/15/2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
thank you for being made so perfectly for
each of my fingertips.
you taste even better
i can pop you right into my mouth
off of each of my fingers......
Posted by dawn at 4/10/2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
if i could be any place at all,
i would want to be a windowsill.
i'd only want to be a windowsill if the sun shone on me.
i'd only want the sun to shine on me if i was adorned with flowers in small glass jars.
i'd only want flowers in small glass jars to adorn me if they were wildflowers picked by little children's hands.
i'd only want those wildflowers picked by little children's hands if they gave me a big hug to go along with them.
i'm not picky though....
any big hug from little children's hands will be fine by me.
Posted by dawn at 4/03/2011