Thursday, March 12, 2009


dear spring,

i have something i need to tell you.
i love you.
i love everything about you.
i love how you make the trees and bushes and flowers bloom.
i love how your morning light filters through the trees and they get all glowy.
i love how the grass gets green again and the earth comes to life.
and it's not just me that loves you, because the birds love you too.
they sing your praises every morning.
i love how you greet me in the morning when i wake up and linger into the evening hours so that i can enjoy every last drop of you.
i love you so much.
i don't even mind that your pollen makes me sneeze my stupid head off and my eyes feel like they're exploding in their sockets.
because i love you that much.

love,
d

p.s. don't tell the other seasons, they might get jealous

4 comments:

Char said...

fall thinks it's my favorite....but lately I'm unsure.

Cait said...

how sweet. I loved the post.

Still a chill. The sun is out. Hopefully, warmer tomorrow.

Sandra Lundy said...

love this....i feel the same way! spring is definitely my favorite...i feel like i come back to life with the flowers :)

Heidi said...

beautifully said. ditto....ditto.