Friday, March 6, 2009

how about these two goofballs?



what we could learn from dogs

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps and stretch before rising.
Run, romp and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout....run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
And most of all...When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

i'm not sure who wrote this because
it was passed on to me
but i will strive towards these "dogmas" on a daily basis.

have a very happy friday!

5 comments:

Cait said...

Nothing like a dog to greet you when you get home. Well, I have 2 cats and Cecil will attack you if he can, but I know he loves me.

Thanks for the note. I think Geoff would have spoke up in a heartbeat. Its Dayton who might not take it so well.

Nice in sunny today, but rain later I hear. & I have to work too. Haven't found that movie yet that you mentioned. Did you see it?

Have a great weekend.

Sue said...

Dogs are the best....My Pyrenees is second in line in the family chain....which means he doesn't listen to me worth a crap...When he's outside in his run he will not under any circumstances come in when I call him.For years I thought he was deaf....and he has a limp in his front paw...he's going to be 11 so he's past his prime....He takes like ten minutes to climb the steep stairs up to the deck and our kitchen door...looking totally like an old man....Then I discovered to open the door and say "Boo, want to go in the car".....you never saw a dog move so fast in all your life....He's such a faker....but that's what we love about them....Hope your weekend it going good...Sue..

Cait said...

I hope you are having some beautiful weather there. It might as well be misty moors of Scotland today. Oh, there was thunder and lightening and some hail that woke us up at 3 in the morning. It might snow tonight.

I had to work today. I should go to bed and try not to think too hard.

Live More Now said...

Oh my goodness I love those cutie little dog noses. Dogs are seriously the best. When everything else falls apart, there are the sweet doggies waiting to lick and cuddle you. Love those pics!

Sandra Lundy said...

love this! how very true...we really could learn alot :)