Friday, June 5, 2009



arthur: "do you want anything?"
hobson: "i want to be young again."
arthur: "sorry, it's your job to be older."

from the movie arthur
and one of my all time favorite movies to quote.
there are just some movies that are written so cleverly,
so tender to the human condition,
full of incredible wordplay
and yet so funny
that you remember them for all time.

arthur is one of those movies for me.
some others:

when harry met sally
bull durham
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead
and the princess bride.

what are yours?

happy friday all!

7 comments:

Char said...

you named three of mine! and young frankenstein.

but the relationship between hobson and arthur is so beautiful and touching.

clover said...

One of my favorites is Harold and Maude...
"You know, at one time, I used to break into pet shops to liberate the canaries. But I decided that was an idea way before its time. Zoos are full, prisons are overflowing... oh my, how the world still dearly loves a cage."

Live More Now said...

I LOVE The Princess Bride. Grew up on it. My whole family can quote it together all in sync.

Now I need to go watch the others!!!

Happy weekend to you, Dawn!!

Anonymous said...

ditto on your movies just add christmas vacation, goodbye girl. holy Grail and Annie Hall

mtmr n said...

Dont forget planes trains and automobiles, roxanne and educating rita

blue hearts said...

Really what a beautiful pic of those hands.

Oh, its good to hear from you. I'm busy with the summer reading program at the library. We have the occasional storm around..but it is warming up faster than maybe I'd like now.

Lets see if I can think of my favs.

Waitress
Wristcutters a love story
Hal Hartley's The Unbelievable truth

Heidi said...

I love When Harry met Sally. I also love the Princess Bride.

It's the quick, sharp comments, the back and forth of it all that makes it so great.